Autumnal Touches



As much as I love Christmas and getting into the cheerful, festive mood, I have to say Autumn is my favourite season. It's cold enough to start wrapping up (but not too much that I end up looking like a marshmallow), the leaves are falling, it's acceptable to have a hot chocolate in the middle of the day and most importantly, it's the only season I know how to style for.

So, to celebrate all the things I love about Autumn, I've dedicated this blog post to show how I decorate my home for the season.

I honestly spent very little on these little pieces of decor, but the quality and look of them has paid off so well and I am so happy with how my little home is looking. The pumpkins fit amazingly with the colour scheme of my living room and they look so cute next to my TV stand, they just add a lovely little bit of autumn into my home. Also, the candle cost me somewhere around £4 and the quality is amazing. When it's lit, the scent fills the whole place, it's the only candle I'll light on it's own and the smell is to die for. It's definitely a pumpkin scent, but it's so sweet and it's one of those candles you never want to run out because it's that good.

I'll admit the cushions I've bought for the living room are definitely a little bright, but I've always seen mustard/gold as an autumnal shade and I think it's nice to add a pop of colour to the room when everything else is mainly tones of browns, creams and brassy golds.

I also really like the tinsel. I didn't want to do a full blown haunted house style Halloween home, I just wanted something subtle that would go well with the rest of the decor and when i fell upon this tinsel I just snatched it up. It's nothing dramatic, just some orange and black tinsel with pumpkins on, but it adds the Halloween element of the season and it looks really cute on my book shelves and TV stand and kind of ties the whole Autumnal theme together. 

Where to find the home ware included in this post:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the exact pillows online but I've linked the store and they've got some really nice autumn/seasonal styles in so check them out of you're looking for something to spruce up your room.




Share:

0 comments