A Rush Of Rose

For the past few months I have been loving doing a dusty rose/muted pink/dirty pink makeup look and so I thought it might be appropriate to share my favourite products that fit the look and talk about why I've been loving them.

One of the products that I've been in love with is the KIKO MILANO lipstick in 610 (which I'm pretty sure has been discontinued now because I cannot find it anywhere). This is such a lovely mauvey/dusty rose shade that is so complementing on my skin tone and I'm sure will look amazing on most if not all skin tones. It has a creamy texture which is great because it does have a matte finish so it doesn't dry out the lips and pair that with it's lasting ability and you have a lipstick you'll never want to run out of. 
Because I can't find this specific lip colour online, I've linked MAC Brave which is a pretty identical colour and texture, however, it is slightly pricier.


The Carli Bybel Palette has also been part of my routine most days this last few months. It is a mauve/rosey based palette so it has fit right in with my latest obsession with the shade. I've written a review on this palette on my blog before so I'll leave that here if you'd like to have a read and find out more, but this palette is basically an affordable eyeshadow and highlighter palette that has amazing quality and made me fall instantly in love.


Colour Pop, until recently, has always been difficult to get in the UK (though, even now, customs can charge a fortune and that's after you've paid for shipping) so I never managed to jump on the band wagon. However, recently I did buy a few and the shade Solow has really made an impression on me. This beautiful rosy nude has been the perfect fit in my recent go-to look and not only is the colour so perfect, but the finish is too. One thing I have to say about this though is that it is so matte that the first time I wore it I thought my lips were going to crumble off so be sure to put lip balm on beneath it to keep your lips moisturised if you're prone to getting dry lips. Lastly, this lipstick is almost impossible to remove which is both wonderful and so frustrating at the same time.



Makeup Geek's eyeshadow in the colour Cupcake has also been a staple in my current makeup bag. It's the perfect transition shade to go with my current go-to look as it's such a soft dusty pink matte shade. I do love makeup geek shadows as not only are they good quality, they're also pretty affordable and accessible and this shade does not disappoint.

So last but not least is Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate (the Nude Collection). Like the rest of these products, this is a beautiful rosey toned colour, though this is more of a beige-rose. It's a lovely wearable nude that I'd pair with a bold eye or just for a simple finish to a 'natural' look. It's long lasting, moisturising, beautiful and just all around perfect.

As always, thanks for giving this post a read and if you're interested in any of these product, click the link on each products name and it should take you to the site.

Share:

0 comments