Summer Wardrobe Essentials

Summer fashion is not my forte, I'm a lover of layers, darker tones and coats. So, to tackle this (very minor) hurdle in my life, I have come up with a few styles and essentials that will get me through everyday of summer without a (major) wardrobe malfunction.



Peplum is a must have for me because I have very wide hips and finding summer clothes that flatter me is very difficult because of that. A peplum hem is very flattering because it evens out the waist and almost makes the hips disappear. I picked up this black and white floral peplum vest from New Look the other day. The pattern is lovely, the fit is perfect and it has small bauble type decorations on the hem which makes it a little more casual wearing and summery.

Statement trousers are also something I stick to in the summer. With these grey striped peg trousers from Topshop my hips don't look too wide, my waist looks slimmer and my legs look slimmer thanks to the vertical pattern. They're also great quality, great fitting and feel incredibly comfy which is important when looking for trousers because you're going to be in them all day.


I also enjoy wearing off the shoulder tops. They're very flattering and feminine and wearable with almost anything. This one I picked up from Primark recently is great for me because it's quite baggy so it covers my problem areas but it also means that when tucked into a pair of trousers or a skirt I can pull it out a little and it'll still look nice and comfortable.

Floral is another key staple in my summer wardrobe. All the bright colours make it very suiting to the season and they just look very pretty and are so wearable no matter who you are. Floral items are capable of being dressed up and dressed down and to any occasion which is why they're an essential for me.


Last but not least is a maxi skirt or a maxi dress. I find these look so flattering on me, especially when the top half is equally as baggy though I'm not afraid of wearing a combination that can be slightly bodycon. This skirt I got from Primark for around £10 and it's incredibly comfortable, pretty and this burgandy can be paired with a nice white top or a patterned floral top and will look lovely.

I've also thrown a pair of sunglasses in there because they're an important part of my summer style, I'm not sure where I got these but you  can pick a lovely pari up from just about anywhere at this time of the year.

Thanks for reading, I hope this post was a good read and you'll be heading back here again.

Tags:

Share:

0 comments