Keepin' It Crayon

Inspired by Chloe Morello

The aim of today's post is to create a full potential makeup look using purely stick, crayon and pencil products - nothing that come from a tube, pot or bottle can be added.





I chose a range of products that I had in my makeup drawer, most of these are from the high street stores but can be a little pricier than usual drugstore products and a few are from a high-end range of products.




First on the list is foundation as unfortunately I don't own a stick primer. I went for Max Factor's Pan Stick. I found this was a very good drugstore product, the colour was very pink toned, however, and the coverage wasn't as full as I personally like, but I would wear this foundation again, especially for days where I'm reaching for a minimal makeup look.


The only concealer I had was this So Susan Haute Highlighting Pencil. Even though it does state that it's a highlighting pencil I prefer to use this as a concealer to go over my blemishes. Although this is a good product it's not a great concealer, especially since it's too rough for the under eye area.



I opted to go for the Maybelline Master Contour Stick as a contour shade the stick comes with a highlight and contour shade which is very handy for travelling light. It's also a perfect contour shade, it's just the right amount of grey toned for my skin and barely orange toned at all.



For a shimmer highlight I chose the Collection Speedy Highlighter and since I've already raved about this in a few posts already I'll not go into too much detail. It is a great, affordable highlighter though and if you're looking for something that's cheap and good quality I would go for this.



I chose a Ted Baker Blush Stick. I'd never used this product before trying out this look but oh my, if you can get your hands on this blush I would.It's a beautiful rosy shade with a pretty sheen to it which makes a lovely blush for all year round and it has become a definite part of my make up bag this week!


The eyebrow product I chose was Loreal Eye Artise Brow Pencil (if that's the correct name???). I've used this a few times and although I can't admit it's my favourite, I am holding onto it because it is a very good product.

For an eyeliner I went with Avon Kohl Eyeliner. This is a good kohl eyeliner, lasts for a long time, easy enough to apply and it very pigmented.


Last but not least, the lip product I opted for is the Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil. Again, I have used this product before in posts and it's a product I reach for quite often as it's long lasting, very suited for the warmer seasons and easy to apply.

If you're interested in any of these products please click on the names of whichever it is and it should take you to the website where it can be purchased. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.






Share:

0 comments