Pencils for Spring












Recently I have become more and more attached to wearing pencil lip colours. I just find that they tend to stay on the lips longer, they don't wear off when I eat or drink, they're easier to apply because it's a lip-liner/lipstick combo which also means less room in your makeup bag!

Because in the UK we're now in Spring, I chose some of my favourite spring appropriate pencil lip colours to share. 

Starting from left-to-right according to the last picture of the swatches, I chose the Maybelline Colour Drama in Love My Pink and all in all, I love this pink! It's more of a berry tone than simply a pink but it still looks amazing for a spring makeup look. It's so easy to apply, smooth, great pigmentation and is pretty long lasting which is a must in terms of a lip colour!

Next is a lip colour I have mentioned in a previous blog post. Playful Peach by Me Me Me is, as the name states, a Peach toned lip colour which is perfect for a nude look or a more subtle makeup look but also for when you want a dramatic eye but still want colour on your lips. Like the Maybelline colour drama, the application is perfection as well as the colour pay off and the lasting time and if you're looking for an affordable peachy lip colour I would recommend this.

The next three are all Tarte colours that I got in a mini set for Christmas but since receiving them I have worn them at least once a week, each. Starting with the first on the swatch photo, LipSurgence Lip Tint in Ritzy is again a peach toned, shimmery colour. Because of this I do think that it's a lovely colour for this time of the year, and one thing about all of these is that they're so smooth and have such a buttery consistency it's to die for! Next is Glamorous which is slightly more deeper and berry toned but still has a pink undertone to it which means that it's not just (for me at least) restricted to autumn/winter looks. Last is Jazzy which again is a lovely colour, very pigmented and so easy to apply and wear.

Share:

0 comments