My Everyday Makeup Routine


I start my everyday makeup look using Rimmel Match Perfection in 101 classic ivory. I find this foundation the best drugstore foundation for my skin as it offers a medium-to-heavy coverage which I prefer, especially when my I have a breakout. 

Next, I apply concealers. I generally use two concealers. For under my eyes I use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair as I've found this to be the perfect under eye concealer, it completely hides any dark circles and lasts all day with minimal creasing. For my blemishes or any uneven places on the rest of my face I use Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in 010 Ivory as it matches my skin tone perfectly and isn't too brightening or too thick that it draws unwanted attention to the places I'm trying to hide.

I then set my face using the Collection Sheer Loose Powder in Barely There. I like to 'bake' this under my eyes, forehead and cheek bones, but lightly sweep it across the rest of my face so I don't look too cakey.

After that I use the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder to lightly bronze my cheek bones, temples and the very top of my forehead. I also like to add a small amount along my jaw line to define it as I'm not lucky enough to have a naturally defined jaw bone. To add a little extra contour and definition, I then go in with the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. This is an incredibly matte bronzer and it also isn't too bronze or too grey which is perfect for me.

After bronzer I like to apply Makeup Geek Blush in Head Over Heels. This is one of the only blushers that I've ever used which is easy to blend and is build-able. It's also got a nice shimmer to it which I find helps to add a glowiness to the skin.

To finish the face off I go in with Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights. I mentioned this in my February favourites and I use this every day without a doubt. Its a build-able highlighter, it isn't too bright or shimmery and it is perfect for my skin-tone.

Next I go on to the eyebrows where I use the Ardell Pro Brow Mechanical Brow Pencil. This is another product which I mentioned in my February favourites as it is one of my all time favourite brow products, if not the favourite. It is definitely a product I will keep purchasing.

I then go onto my eyes. On an everyday basis, I generally just opt for eyeliner and mascara and keep the eye shadow for when I'm doing something besides going to Uni or shopping. Eyeliner is something I enjoy mixing up, for the past week or so, however, I have been drawn toward the Collection Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner. It is easy to apply and the wand isn't thick which is a feature that I prefer as I like a thinner wing rather than a thicker one. I'll then let my eyeliner dry a little before applying Lancome Hypnose Mascara which again I mentioned in my favourites blog post. This is just an all around amazing mascara that I honestly cannot say one bad word about and will re-purchase this for as long as it's available.

That's usually it for my everyday makeup look. I do like to apply a primer on days where my skin isn't looking or feeling too healthy just to help my makeup apply more smoothly and even. I also don't wear lip products everyday, although if i do it'll be a nude gloss or lipstick.

Share:

0 comments